Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nature Freak Cinema

The natural world is wondrous and mysterious. I've been watching Nature Freak Cinema all my life and yet I find myself ill prepared for everything I learned last night.

Item 1: Cockroaches can fly and sprint. Trieste and I were playing dominoes at the Rusty Anchor, the expat bar, when we say a giant dragonfly buzzing around. Just as I was about to win yet another round, the dragonfly transformed into a giant cockroach and sprinted across our table. We were little prepared for such a crazy happening.

Item 2: Geckos do not make good doorstops. Actually this is story is gross; nevermind.

Item 3: Mosquitos, the bane of my existence, are quite tiny and much more powerful, than their continental cousins. Just one good bite from these invisible jerks will give you a goose egg.

Later Days,

jp

1 comment:

  1. For the record, in Georgia, cockroaches not only fly, but will actually stalk you.
    Beware!

    Thanks for the posts, Jp, you bring smiles and light every time I see ya here!

    Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete