Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When you know you're doing a great job

I've been teaching remedial English for three months now. It's been a challenge but I feel like I'm doing a good job. And then I get this for a one paragraph essay on health...

"What are some ways that people stay in shape?

The people can write the shape of your face and color of the shape. Shape is what you like or what is the beautiful in your eyes. The color in your eyes is beautiful. Shape for something beautiful. The Shape of the house. The shape of the earth and the globle warming. The something you buy the shape you looked first. Then you liked it. The shape look like a square or a blue sky."

Actually, now that I've read this paragraph a few times, I am starting to see some sort of logic in it. It's like a secret code. This student is trying to tell me something, and I'm too stupid to figure it out. The shape of the house. The color of the shape. The shape of a blue sky. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

2 comments:

  1. I think meditating on the shape of a blue sky is kind of like imagining the sound of one hand clapping. There seems to be logic, though it's confounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The something you buy the shape you looked first. Then you liked it."..

    was this a guy? cause that might make more sense... guys are visual people...some guys are "leg guys".. you know the rest... I guess he is a "blue square people" person... that is why he thinks you need to stay in shape....does this help? love, Mamasa

    ReplyDelete